Monday, February 8

I Won, I Won!

I went to visit Me-Me King at The Screaming Me-Me and she had a "Caption This" Contest going on. The very first time I enter a caption, I won The Golden Phallus! I'm so surprised, shocked, awed and happy! I've only every managed to get an Honorable Mention at NoNameDufus' blog as well as at Etta Rose's so yes, I was quite surprised to find out that out of 50 entries, I was chosen the winner! Thank you Me-Me! I may not be Hangin' With The Dufus yet, but I sure plan to eventually :D

And without further rambling and nonsense I give you The Golden Phallus!




Anyway, in Me-Me's post announcing me as the winner, she inadvertently referred to me as male which brought back quite a number of memories of being mistaken thus. I don't know what it is about me that makes people think I'm a guy, but the earliest I can remember that mistake happening, I was 5. Mom, us 4 kids and my Grandmother were taking a walk from Grandma's house to the park and this woman I didn't know stopped us and talked to mom and Grandma for a while. Eventually she came around to saying to mom "Are these your kids? I thought you had 3 girls and only the one boy!" She pointed at me with a questioning look on her face. I, being the smartass I've always been, piped up with "I am a girl, I just have to wear HIS hand-me-downs!" while jerking my thumb at my older brother. I still don't know who that woman was, but you should have seen her embarrassment when I said that. She apologized profusely to mom who in turn scolded me for speaking so rudely to an elder, especially one whom I did not know. I just pouted and muttered "Well I am a girl!"

But that wasn't the memory that was evoked by the post, the one that came to mind happened just last week. I don't know why I hadn't thought to post this before, but for some reason it never crossed my mind that it would be blog fodder. Where was my head at, of course it's excellent blogging material!?!

At any rate, this happened last Tuesday (I believe). I had been at work for a few hours, and, well, you know what happens when you've been drinking coffee all morning! Suffice it to say that I needed to go to the washroom. Well, in case you haven't seen my profile pic, I keep my head shaved pretty short, 1/8 - 1/4 inch in length to be precise, any longer than that is just a nuisance as far as I'm concerned. Add that to the fact that I'm normally wearing jeans and mens jean style work shirts and you get the picture. Oh yeah, can't forget to add the fact that people tease me a lot in regards to the fact that I have a figure like a 12 year old boy, to put it more bluntly, they don't make bra's small enough to fit me short of a pre-teen's training bra...lol!

Now that we're all up to speed on the way I look, I shall return to the story and try to make it short as I've already made it long enough. Tuesday morning I had already had my share of coffee, as I've already mentioned, and therefore took a minute to relieve some pressure. As I was just finishing drying my hands and getting ready to walk out the door, this elderly lady opened it to come into the washroom. She took one look at me and a look of horror came across her face. She took a step back, looked back at the sign saying it was the lady's room and looked like she was about to faint.

Before she had a chance to faint though, I winked at her and said "Sorry Ma-am, I didn't mean to give you a fright, but I am indeed female!" I have to admit, that I was a bit nasty in saying that, as I used my best (and I do mean best) Eeyore voice, making me even sound male. She looked at me even more horrified and hurried off into the bar, presumably to use the washroom there. I managed to keep a straight face till I got back into the kitchen when I started to split a gut. My boss asked me what the matter was and so I told him, including using my voice the way I had with the lady. He looked at me laughing and said "Skye, don't you realize that people who don't know you don't automatically assume you're a woman, not only that, but when you imitate male voices, your face takes on a masculine personality!?!"

Needless to say I hadn't realized that, but I sure will be putting the knowledge to good use! ;)
I'm just a little devil, ain't I?

4 comments:

  1. One of these days I will win that damned award! LOL! I only have tried it twice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my. congrats on the award! too funny on the story...thanks for dropping a line today. hope yours was grand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your story. You are hilarious and a bit evil. I like that in a guy....er...gal!

    Congrats on winning the phallus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Otin - One of these day you definitely will win it, just like I'll win the coveted "You Be Hangin' With Dufus" award :D

    Brian - You are certainly very welcome, and thank you! :)

    Reffie - LMAO Reffie, love the attitude! Thanks for the congrats :)

    ReplyDelete

I've decided to use comment moderation simply because that way, I never miss a new comment on my posts. I'm really quite forgetful and tend to not remember how many comments had been in each post the last time I looked, so please bare with me and my memory lapses :)